Your Monday Marketing Minute
We all have questions about marketing. Let’s face it; figuring out the best ways to market our business can be really tough. Don’t worry. Every Monday at 3:00 pm EST, your Stingray Branding Team brings you the Monday Marketing Minute Live on our Facebook page. Every month we focus on a specific aspect of marketing, and then deliver weekly videos of practical, simple, and actionable information to help you take your marketing to the next level. Can’t make it? Don’t worry. We recap our videos in the blog twice a month, as well as posting the videos to our YouTube Channel.
This month we’re focusing on Building a Brand on Social Media. Today we will be covering tips on how our Copywriter, Matt Hampton, built his personal brand, as well as our Marketing Director, Ambrya Baldwin’s 4 C’s of Creating Value on Social Media.
If you have any questions, comments, or need some help with you marketing, contact us here (insert link here). We can’t wait to help you!
How I Built My Personal Brand – Matt Hampton
We all hear the term “personal brand” a lot these days. And we know that we need to build one, but how do you go about doing so. As it turns out, our copywriter knows a little something about building a brand. About a year ago Matt Hampton launched a blog called 100 Connections, where he set out to meet 100 people in 100 days and write about it. At its height, the blog had 35,000 readers per week, without a single ad purchase, and suddenly his name was synonymous with the project, growing his online brand by leaps and bounds.
Matt learned a lot during that blogging project, but he distills the most practical advice into the 7 tips for building your personal brand.
- Tip #1: Keep it Simple – too often we find ourselves trying to intentionally be edgy and new, simply for the sake of being different. The reality is that simple is often the best. The 100 Connections concept is simple. 1 person every day for 100 days and write about it. The logo was simple, and so people were able to try it out, to ultimately embrace it.
- Tip #2: Be Authentic – Hand in hand with keeping it simple is keeping it real and authentic. In the era of social media, we will find out very quickly if you’re full of it. Turns out the dating advice you received, as a teenager was the best advice you ever got, just be yourself. Also, include an image that shows people exactly who you are, don’t be afraid to enlist the aid of a professional photographer.
- Tip #3: Community Counts – You need to engage with people as a person. It’s easy to spot someone who only wants to trade likes and shares. Build relationships with people as you grow your influence. They will be the best part of building your brand.
- Tip #4: Know Who and Where Your Audience Is – If you want to reach people you need to know who they are and where they are.
- Tip #5: Patience is a Virtue – This process takes time. You won’t know what you’ve built for a while, so be patient.
- Tip #6: Don’t be Vain – Vanity metrics can throw you off and honestly ruin your day. Don’t worry about likes and shares they will come.
- Tip #7: Not everyone will Like you, and That’s Okay – In the end, some people just won’t like you, and that’s fine. So long as you are true to your mission, vision, and values, you are doing what you need to do.
The Four C’s of Creating Value on Social Media – Ambrya Baldwin
Did you know that 54% of consumers use social media to research products before buying? It’s true. Now more than ever, your every digital footprint counts. What you say, how you say it, and even your absence from social media can have an impact on your potential customers.
Posting on social media can fill people with anxiety. Luckily our team runs a lot of social media accounts for a very diverse group of clients. This has taught us so much about how to post effectively on social media. In fact, we’ve boiled the basics down to these Four C’s. Keep these in mind and you will find your social media effectiveness will increase.
- Create Value for the follower:
- What do they get out of your page?
- Create a Persona
- Create a voice – Wendy’s for example
- Content strategy
- Have a strategy of what you post and when
- Interact and respond to followers, using the same persona
Your Source for Digital Marketing
Stingray Branding is your number one source for digital branding. From your website to your social media, from content creation to reputation management, our team are experts in everything you need to build your brand on social media and beyond. No matter your needs, we know we can help you. Contact us here! Our team can’t wait to meet you!